How To Get Rid of Canker SoresCanker sores are very painful sores that appear in your mouth. They don't show up on your lips. Those are cold sores. They are evil things that get in the way of talking and eating.
So what are your options to help get rid of them?
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water. It MUST be warm or hot. Swish, swish, spit.
- Rinse your mouth with Hydrogen Peroxide. Again, swish, swish, spit.
- Go to the drug store or sometimes the grocery store will have some medicinal treatment you can use.
- Go to your dentist and have them prescribe something for you.
The Cure For Canker Sores
- Sprinkle a very, very tiny amount of baking soda onto your toothpaste when you brush your teeth. I know that since you were little you were always told not to brush your teeth with baking soda, but my dentist told me that most toothpastes these days are actually more abrasive on your teeth than baking soda. And you're only using a very tiny amount. I use this as my preventive measure. My dentist says this works because the food we eat (fewer fruits and veggies and healthy foods than our ancestors) messes with the pH levels in our mouths making it more acidic. This can be one of the many factors that cause canker sores. So by balancing out our mouth, we lessen the chances of getting canker sores. Voila!
- Get your finger slightly damp, stick it into the baking soda, and then press the powder directly onto the canker sore. It may sting slightly, but it will take the pain away and by the next day it should have started to really shrink. And if you catch it before the canker sore fully forms, you can avoid the problem completely.
Learning the baking soda secret has made my life a lot easier and less painful. If you have a canker sore, you must try this out!