This recipe is almost as easy to make as a bowl of cereal. And it's healthy for you. There's no gluten, no flour, it fits in with my anti-inflammatory diet, and there are no questionable ingredients from a pancake mix. Yes, I said PANCAKES!!! They were delicious. And my mom was surprised that they actually smelled and looked like pancakes. She was more skeptical of them than I was.
- A ripe banana (or as ripe a banana as you can find)
- 2 eggs
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Just to keep the pancakes from sticking to the pan)
I added these because I'm not a huge fan of the taste of banana, and these taste exactly like banana pancakes without the spices added. They were delicious with and without the spices, so it's whatever you prefer.
- Gather your ingredients
- Mix or blend all of the ingredients and any extras you'd like to add together until they are well mixed (minus the oil)
- Oil the pan and turn on the heat.
- Pour a small amount of the "pancake batter" into the pan (I made the mistake of pouring the whole thing into the pan. I probably could have left it to cook as is and make a crepe with it, but after part of the bottom cooked, i flipped the edges over and made a very thick pancake)
- Cook it exactly the same as you would a regular pancake. Once it looks cooked and edible, put it on a plate, put some fresh fruits on top, and enjoy!