A Delicious Pumpkin Breakfast SmoothieI saw this recipe on Pinterest and decided to try it. But when it came time to actually try it, I didn't really like it. This is probably because the recipe called for yogurt, which I did not include because it is not on my anti-inflammatory diet. So I did some experimenting and was able to come up with a concoction that I did enjoy.
- 1 Banana
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 cup Vanilla Soymilk or Vanilla Almond Milk
- Sprinkle of cloves
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Sprinkle of ginger
- Or instead of the spices, use pumpkin spice
- Some ice
And then I added a handful of strawberries because it tasted like it was missing something. That seemed to fix the problem, but tomorrow I will probably do some more experimenting.
- Blend the banana, pumpkin, soy milk, and strawberries together.
- Add the spices and then blend them together with the banana, pumpkin, soy milk, and strawberries. Also add ice.
- Enjoy. If you don't like it, then try experimenting with other fruit or maybe larger bananas, or if you aren't following this diet then feel free to add the nonfat yogurt initially suggested.