I do have my "Important Links" page, but this post is going to focus on helping you become a better health activist.
Learning About Lupus
It's hard to be a Health Activist for Lupus when you don't know much about it. And sharing misinformation with others is even worse. So here are some of the best places to get information about Lupus.
- The Lupus Foundation of America- They are absolutely fabulous for all your Lupus needs. They even have a section for people who would like to advocate for Lupus! And they have some excellent information on the various symptoms associated with this disease.
- The Alliance For Lupus Research- Another great place for information. They even have a podcast series you can follow! What a great way to keep up to date on all the latest Lupus info.
Some Great Advocates to Watch and Be Inspired By
- Running For Lupus- Matt's "L" handsign campaign is brilliant. And if you live near Los Angeles, you should definitely be there for the Lupus Awareness Flash Mob Freeze on April 28th at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard. Be there or be square! (It's at noon). Follow him on Facebook if you'd like more info.
- Tiffany Peterson- She hasn't updated her blog in almost a year, but she is always on Twitter. She is one of the first Lupus advocates I came across and she still remains an awesome inspiration for me. I was actually introduced to WEGO Health's HAWMC by following her on Twitter.
The Various Tools You Can Use to Advocate For Lupus
- And there are are so many other tools out there online to get the word out. And you don't even have to advocate online. You can go out there and advocate face-to-face with people. The best way to advocate is to use the skills you already have to spread the word.