|Dalai Lama (Photo credit: Joi)|
5 Things I'm Grateful For
Here is an interesting site on practicing gratitude and all of its benefits from UC Berkeley. If you want to get all science-y, you should click on this link.
I've been told that it takes only 5 expressions of gratitude to make changes in your attitude and practiced daily it can cause incredible changes in your mood and will help you be a better person. I'm just going to jump right in with my gratitude and get things started.
- I am grateful that I haven't had a bad flare in a long while.
- I am grateful for the new addition to our family: Princess the puppy.
- I am grateful that my sister and I have been a lot friendlier towards each other.
- I am grateful for my friends, who are precious gifts in my life.
- I am grateful for my husband for being all-around awesome.
Well now that I've finished, I can say that it has already me feel a bit happier. It's a bit like remembering happy memories. They make you happy when you remember them. That's why they're called happy memories. Duh.